Bear's Children's Fund
The Bear's Children’s Fund was proudly established by CFBR-FM in the fall of 1992. Since then, the amazing fund has done an immense amount of good work in the City of Edmonton.
Throughout the year, The Bear raises money specifically for the Bear’s Children’s Fund through sales of Bear Babes Calendars and many private fundraising initiatives by our listeners and clients. As well, clients, friends, listeners do several events throughout the year and donate the proceeds to the Fund.
To date, well over $2.5 million dollars has been donated to very worthy causes in the City of Edmonton. Here are just a few great examples of the people that the Bear’s Children’s Fund has donated to:
- Stollery Children’s Hospital – funding research, equipment, and social support
- Kids Kottage – supporting children in need
- Edmonton Public Schools Foundation – Funding full day Kindergarten in Some of Edmonton’s socially challenged area’s.
- Camp He Ho Ha - to provide safe and rewarding recreational opportunities to children and adults with physical and mental challenges
- Cinderella’s Closet – Providing formal prom and graduation clothing to less fortunate teens
- Ronald McDonald House - to provide free 'home away from home' accommodation for families who have children with long stays at local hospitals
- Rainbow Society of Alberta – providing wishes for chronically and terminally ill children.
- Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton - delivering programs that address the physical, emotional, academic and overall wellness of children and youth.
As well, several donations have been kept confidential to honour the sensitivity of the families affected by the loss of a parent or a child. Suffice to say many ‘trust funds’ have been set up, privately, by The Bear’s Children’s Fund to assist the families during this terrible transition time.
If you wish to APPLY for a donation or if you wish to DONATE to the Bear’s Children’s Fund, please direct your note to Program Director, Rob Vavrek - email@example.com
Our listeners and clients MAKE this amazing fund work and for that we sincerely say "THANK YOU."