Why December 13th Matters In Rock History
It’s December 13th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1966, Jimi Hendrix made his TV debut on England’s Ready Steady Go! and also recorded “Foxy Lady” with the Jimi Hendrix Experience.
- In 1985, Phil Collins made his US TV acting debut on Miami Vice. He played a drug dealer.
- In 1993, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash joined Billy Joel onstage in LA to play a solo on the tune “Shameless.”
- In 1999, Slipknot DJ Number 0 jumped off a 35-foot high balcony during a gig in London. Remarkably, no one was injured.
- And in 2003, The White Stripes’ Jack White was involved in a brawl in Detroit with Jason Stollsteimer of the Von Bondies. The rocker allegedly spit in Stollsteimer’s face and punched him repeatedly.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio