Why January 7th Matters In Rock History
It’s January 7th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2003, Ozzy Osbourne renewed his vows with wife Sharon at the Beverly Hills Hotel. However, during the ceremony, a $15,000 diamond necklace the couple planned to raffle off was pilfered.
- In 1970, farmer Max Yasgur, the owner of the Woodstock festival site, was sued by his neighbors for $35,000 in property damages.
- In 1971, Black Sabbath released Paranoid in America.
- In 1980, Pink Floyd released “Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2).”
- And in 2004, The Black Crowes’ Chris Robinson became a dad when his wife at the time, actress Kate Hudson, gave birth to a boy in Los Angeles.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio