Furniture Scam Making the Rounds in Leeds and Grenville
Grenville OPP is warning online shoppers about a possible furniture sales scam.
The furniture in question is made from reclaimed wood.
The police have received several complaints about this particular furniture maker and the OPP anti-fraud centre has launched an investigation.
The OPP are also reminding the public to be wary of online shopping, especially when the product isn't yet made.
Here are some tips they are offering up when engaging in online shopping...
• If you are having an item such as furniture made, ask for references from previous clients.
• Beware if there is limited or no feedback ratings on sellers.
• When buying or selling, you should meet in-person, to inspect the product and exchange money.
• Meet in a public place, such as a coffee shop or police station.
• Always bring someone with you when meeting a seller; don’t go alone.
• Be wary of requests for cash up-front. If you do pay before purchase be sure to get a receipt.
• Never wire funds. If a seller asks you to wire payment using Western Union or MoneyGram, you are likely to be dealing with a scammer.
• Use a credit card when shopping online. Customers are offered protection and may receive a refund.
• If in doubt, do additional research.
Nothing says FRESH food like having to kill the animals yourself!
If you have a natural Christmas tree, please make sure to water it throughout the Holiday season.
Don't we all feel a little like that panda when the first snow of the season falls?! Such joy!