Firefighters douse deep fryer blaze at Vanier chicken joint

A city health inspector has been dispatched to the scene of a kitchen fire in Vanier.

Firefighters were called to the YKO BBQ Chicken place at McArthur and Brant around 7:40 p.m. Wednesday.

The deep fryer was fully ablaze when they got there. The reason why is still under investigation.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes and no one was hurt, but a health inspection is still required for the restaurant.

There's no word on how much damage was caused.