Highway 417 scheduled to close for pedestrian bridge demolition
Make sure you have your travel plans mapped out well in advance for the final weekend of July.
A long stretch of Highway 417 is set to be closed July 28th and 29th for the demolition of the Harmer Ave pedestrian bridge.
The highway will be closed in both directions from Bronson to Carling from 5:00pm on the Saturday until 11:00am on the Sunday.
During the work, the following eastbound on-ramps will be closed: Carling, Parkdale and Maitland. The following westbound on-ramps will also be closed: Catherine, Rochester, Parkdale, Lyon, and O’Connor.
The following detours will be in effect during the closure:
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Bronson Avenue onto Catherine Street
- Proceed via Catherine Street, which becomes Raymond Street, westbound to Booth Street
- Proceed via Booth Street southbound to Carling Avenue
- Proceed via Carling Avenue westbound to the westbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Kirkwood Avenue (west of the fire station)
- Eastbound motorists must exit the highway at Carling Avenue and continue east to Bronson Avenue
- Proceed via Bronson Avenue northbound to Chamberlain Avenue
- Proceed via Chamberlain Avenue eastbound to Isabella Street
- Proceed via Isabella Street eastbound onto the eastbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Metcalfe Street