Loaded handgun dropped from stolen vehicle: Ottawa Police
Ottawa Police say the location of a stolen vehicle has led to a series of charges.
They say Bikes and Beats police officers spotted the stolen vehicle on on Cobourg St. on Friday, February 15th at around 4:10pm.
The officers followed the vehicles while also trying to stop it.
The vehicle fled the area and refused to stop for officers.
The vehicle was later located on Montreal Rd. east of the Cummings Bridge with the engine still running.
Police say while the people in the car fled from the vehicle, a loaded handgun was dropped on the road.
Frontline officers soon arrested two suspects once they were able to locate them.
An investigation by the Guns and Gangs unit resulted in the following charges being laid against both 19-year-old Abdulqadir Yussuf and 18-year-old Kevin Nsabua.
Both are charged with the following:
- Resisting a Peace Officer
- Occupying a Motor Vehicle Taken Without Consent
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Exceeding 5000$
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
- Unauthorized Possession a Prohibited Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession a Prohibited Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon knowing No Authority
Nsabua has also been charged with the following:
- Flight from a Peace Officer
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
Both suspects appeared in show cause court on Saturday, February 16th and have been held in custody.