OC Transpo spring service, route number changes come into effect Sunday
Spring service at OC Transpo comes into effect on Sunday.
There will be schedule changes. Some routes will run less often to reflect lower demand now that post-secondary classes are over, but other routes, such as those that frequent the Kanata Business Park, will run more frequently.
Bike racks will also return to approximately 600 buses for the season.
But you'll want to plan ahead if you're a regular commuter because starting Sunday more than a dozen bus route numbers will change.
The changes reflect OC Transpo's 2018 transit network plan to group route numbers together by service area and type. OC Transpo says each service type will have a distinct symbol and colour associated with it that will be displayed on route signs.
The following route numbers will change, but the routes themselves will remain the same.
- Route 2 will become Route 11
- Route 6 will become Route 56
- Route 92 will become Route 62
- Route 96 will become Route 61
- Route 118 will become Route 88
- Route 150 will become Route 50
- Route 151 will become Route 81
- Route 156 will become Route 83
- Route 157 will become Route 187
- Route 172 will become Route 82
- Route 176 will become Route 80
- Route 178 will become Route 84
- Route 180 will become Route 158
- Route 182 will become Route 66