Ottawa Race Weekend Road Closures
The annual Ottawa Race Weekend runs from May 27 to 28, and with it comes annual road closures.
Saturday hosts races throughout the day, which include the 2k, the 5k, 10k and friendship run, which starts at 9 a.m.
Sunday will see the most closures, with the marathon starting at 7 a.m., on Elgin St. and Gloucester, in front of the Provincial Courthouse, followed by the half marathon at 9 a.m.
Ottawa Marathon organizers have provided two interactive maps, showing the rolling closures throughout the weekend. Runners and spectators can also use these maps to see the routes, water stations, and parking for Saturday and Sunday.
Here is a full list of road closures
Starting 8 a.m. Friday, Queen Elizabeth Driveway will be closed between Laurier Avenue and Somerset until 6:30 Sunday evening.
Most of the closures all weekend will centre around City Hall, where there are start and finish lines, as well as festival and food stands.
Saturday, May 27:
For Saturday's full interactive map, click here.
- Laurier Avenue between Metcalfe and Nicholas- 1:00–9:00 pm
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Wellington– 1:00–7:30 pm
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Frank– 2:30-3:30 pm.
- Elgin Street between Catherine and QED– 3:30-8:45 pm
- Lisgar Street between Cartier and Elgin- 3:30-4:30 pm
- Elgin Street between Lisgar and Catherine- 6:15-7:00 pm
- Frank Street between Elgin and QED- 2:45-3:45 pm
- Queen Street between Elgin and O’Connor– 3:30-4:30 pm
- O’Connor between Wellington & Albert– 3:30–4:35 pm
- Wellington between Bank and Colonel By Drive eastbound– 3:30-5:00 pm
- Lakeside- 6:00-8:00 pm
- Bronson southbound between Lakeside and Col. By– 6:00-8:00 pm (lane reductions)
- Colonel By Drive between Rideau & Main– 3:00-6:15 pm
- Colonel By Drive between Main and Hawthorne– 3:00-8:30 pm.
- Colonel By Drive between Hawthorne and Bronson- 3:00-8:30 pm
- Pretoria Bridge– 3:30–8:45 pm
- Argyle between and Elgin and Queen Elizabeth Drive- 6:30-8:45 pm
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Somerset & Elgin– 2:00–9:00 pm
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Elgin and Preston- 3:00-8:30 pm
Sunday, May 28th
For Sunday's full interactive map click here.
- Laurier Avenue between Elgin and Metcalfe– 5:00–10am
- Laurier Avenue between Nicholas and Elgin– 5:00am–3:00pm
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Preston & Elgin- 6:00-10:45 am.
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Lawrence Frieman & Laurier- 5:00 am-6:00 pm
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Elgin and Somerset W.- 6:00am-2:30 pm
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Slater– 5:00–10:30 am
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Catherine– 8:45-9:45 am
- Lisgar Street between Cartier & Elgin– 6:00-8:30 am
- Cooper Street between Cartier and Somerset W- 7:45-8:30 am
- The Driveway between Cooper and Somerset W- 7:45-8:30 am
- Wellington Street eastbound between Elgin and Col. By– 6:30am–2:00pm
- Rideau westbound between Sussex and Mackenzie– 7:30am-2:00pm
- Preston between Q.E. Driveway & Carling– 6:30-10:45am (northbound lanes)
- Carling westbound between Preston & Sherwood– 6:45-11:00am
- Carling eastbound at Preston– 6:45-11:00am
- Sherwood Dr between Carling & Fairmont– 6:15–11:15am
- Fairmont Avenue between Sherwood & Wellington– 6:15-11:30am
- Wellington St. between Fairmont & Island Park Drive– 6:15-11:45am
- Richmond Road between Island Park and Athlone– 6:15–9:30 am
- Athlone between Richmond and Scott- 6:15-9:30 am
- Sir Frederic Banting and Colombine– 6:30am–12:00 pm
- Scott eastbound between Churchill & Island Park– 6:15–10:00 am
- Scott westbound between Island Park and Parkdale- 6:15am–12:00pm
- Island Park between Scott and Richmond– 8:15-11:45 am
- Sir John A Macdonald Parkway/Wellington between Booth and Island Park– 6:15 am– 12:15 pm
- Booth Street between Wellington and Eddy Street– 6:45 am–12:45 pm
- Eddy Street between Booth and Wright–7:00–1:00pm
- Alexandre Tache between Eddy and Montcalm– 7:00–12:45pm
- Alexandre Tache between Montcalm and Scott– 7:00–10:45am
- Scott between Alexandre Tache and Graham– 7:00–11:00am
- Lac des Fees between Graham and St. Jean Bosco– 7:00–11:00am
- Jean Bosco between Lac des Fees and Lois- 7:00-11:15am
- Lois between St. Jean Bosco and Montcalm- 7:00-11:30am
- Montcalm between St. Joseph and Papineau– 7:00-11:30am (southbound lanes only)
- Montcalm between Papineau and Wellington- 7:00-11:30am
- Montcalm between Wellington & Tache- 7:00am–12:45pm
- Wellington between Montcalm and Laval– 7:00am-12:45pm
- Laval between Promenade du Portage and Wellington– 7:00am-12:45pm
- Promenade du Portage between Laval and Hotel de Ville- 7:00am-12:45pm
- Hotel de Ville between Promenade du Portage and Laurier– 7:00am–12:45pm
- Laurier between Hotel de Ville and des Allumettieres– 7:00am–1:15 pm
- Sussex Drive between York and Rockliffe Parkway– 6:00am–1:30pm
- Sussex Drive between York and Rideau– 7:00am-1:45pm
- MacKenzie Avenue between St. Patrick & Rideau– 7:00am-1:30pm
- George Etienne Cartier Parkway between Princess and Aviation Parkway– 6:45am–1:30pm
- Princess Street between Sussex & Lisgar Road– 6:45am–1:30pm
- Lisgar Road between Buena Vista and Rockliffe Parkway– 6:45am–12:15pm
- Birch between Sandridge and Hemlock- 6:45am-12:45pm
- Hemlock westbound between Birch and Beechwood– 6:45am–1:00pm
- Beechwood westbound between Lansdowne and Acacia– 6:45am-1:00pm
- Beechwood one lane westbound between Acacia and Crichton- 6:45am-1:15pm
- Crichton northbound between Beechwood and Dufferin– 6:45am–1:15 pm
- Dufferin between Stanley and Crichton– 6:45am–1:15 pm
- Stanley between Dufferin and Sussex– 6:45am–1:30 pm
- Colonel By Drive – Rideau to Hawthorne Ave.- 6:00am-2:00pm
- Pretoria Bridge– 6:30am–2:00pm
OC Transpo is also warning their bus routes will be affected, with detours for 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14 and 18 at various times on Saturday, May 27. While on Sunday, May 28, routes 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 80, 85 and 86 will be affected from 6:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
You can see any bus detour information on their website.
The city is also noting that Sunday Bike Days is cancelled for this weekend, and will resume next Sunday, June 4.