School bus cancellations and school closures
UPDATE: The OCDSB says extended day programs are cancelled and parents are asked to pick up their children.
Alert: All OCDSB Extended Day Programs are being closed for the remainder of the day due to the unpredictability of power outages. Parents are asked to pick up their children as soon as possible. Staff will remain on site until all children are picked up.— OCDSB (@OCDSB) April 16, 2018
School bus cancellations: Monday, April 16
- Ottawa Carleton District School Board
- Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Upper Canada District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- Renfrew County District School Board
- Renfrew County Catholic District School Board
- French Public and Catholic Schools in Ottawa, Renfrew County, Marionville, Prescott-Russell, Carleton Place, Almonte, Kemptville, Merrickville and Brockville.
Via the OCDSB:
Several Ottawa-Carleton District School Board schools are now without power due to downed power lines in the city. Students are safe and being cared for by their teachers and other staff in the building. It is unclear when power will be restored to the schools. Parents are being asked to pick their children up from school as soon as possible. Parents of students who normally walk to school are also being asked to come to the school and pick up their children. Downed power lines make it unsafe for student walkers. The OCDSB is sorry for any inconvenience this may cause families today.
The following schools are closed:
- Fisher Park Public School/Summit Alternative
- Elmdale Public School
- Steve McLean Public School
- R.E. Wilson Public School
- Churchill Alternative
- Heritage Public School
- Vimy Ridge Public School
- W. E. Gowling Public School
- Life Christian Academy
- Community Christian School in Metcalfe
- Merivale High School
The Ottawa Catholic School Board says schools remain open and dismissal time is as usual.
Several OCSB schools are experiencing intermittent power outages due to weather conditions. Measures are in place to ensure continued safety of staff/students. Schools remain open with dismissal at usual time. Check https://t.co/OIOnA5HOhf for updates/email Communications@ocsb.ca— Ottawa Catholic SB (@OttCatholicSB) April 16, 2018