Smoke alarm helps firefighter snuff out blaze at own home: Ottawa Fire
Ottawa Fire is pointing at an incident involving one of its own members as an example of how smoke alarms save lives.
They say a firefighter was awoken early this morning by an alarm in their basement.
The parent rushed downstairs and found a smoldering tissue box near a lamp in a child's bedroom.
The firefighter put it out without an extinguisher before it could spread.
Ottawa Fire says the suspected cause was the temperature of the lamp.
They're reminding people to ensure bulbs used in lamps are the correct type.
LISTEN NOW: Richard Crouse speaks with Evan Solomon on the passing of Sir Roger Moore
LISTEN NOW: Evan Solomon on the deadly jihadist terrorist attack on a pop concert in Manchester
LISTEN NOW: Evan Solomon and Mark Steyn on the jihadist terrorist attack in Manchester