'Smoking materials' spark apartment blaze on Elgin St.
Ottawa Fire crews were called to a blaze at an Elgin St. in the early hours of Saturday morning.
They say they got the call just before 2:45 a.m.
The fire started on an 11th floor balcony, allegedly due to smoking materials. It then spread to the unit.
Fire crews had the blaze under control roughly 15 minutes later.
Two occupants were assessed by paramedics but did not need to be taken to hospital.
The blaze caused roughly $40,000 dollars in damage