Toddler burned in crib fire headed home

A toddler badly burned in a house fire last month is heading back home to live with his parents.

 

19-month-old Cody McNeil suffered serious burns to his arms and face when his crib caught fire on February 8th.

 

In a Facebook statement, his father Chris McNeil said that Cody was cleared to leave the hospital this week.

 

 

 

He said that Cody  is back to his regular lovable self and that he is smiling, laughing and eating well.

 

The McNeil family are staying in a temporary home as work is being done to repair their Kanata home.

 

A Go Fund Me campaign to help them rebuild their lives is still running despite surpassing their $5,000 goal.