UPDATED: Snowberry Way Stittsville home now reduced to rubble

The Ontario Fire Marshall is now investigating a Stittsville house blaze which injured two Ottawa firefighters in the aftermath of a rare April ice storm.

The firefighters were hurt when a floor inside a home on Snowberry Way collapsed. A rescue team was then dispatched to help the firefighters out of the house. They were rushed to hospital for treatment.

Ottawa's Fire Chief Gerry Pingitore says one of the firefighters has been discharged while the other remains in hospital in serious but stable condition.

Snowberry FF Injury Update: 1 firefighter discharged yesterday. 2nd firefighter: Clarification: condition was serious but stable,w/ non-life-threatening injuries. Sedated & intubated to prevent airway fr swelling shut. Common precautionary medical measures. TY for your support

— Gerry Pingitore (@ChiefPingitore) April 17, 2018

Neighbours say they witnessed a cloud of smoke billowing out of the home Monday afternoon.

The fire is believed to have started with an electrical panel in the basement.

The house has now been reduced to rubble. Damage has been estimated at $750,000.

Investigators are collaborating closely w/ the Office of the Fire Marshal for Snowberry Way. Residents in the area are asked to check in with their hydro provider if they have questions. The dollar loss has been estimated at $750,000. Investigation is still underway #ottnews pic.twitter.com/jYJaW607Df

— Ottawa Fire Services (@OttFire) April 17, 2018

Hydro Ottawa has been going door-to-door in the community to ensure people's safety.

For customers in Stittsville: hydro workers are taking extra precautions and may come to your door to ensure all is safe before restoring power. They may ask to take a look at your electrical panel. If you’re unsure, please ask for ID.

— Hydro Ottawa (@hydroottawa) April 17, 2018