UPDATED: Freezing rain warning lifted for Ottawa-Gatineau
Update: Environment Canada ended the freezing rain warning for Ottawa and Gatineau Friday afternoon.
Within 30 minutes of recording a record-high temperature in Ottawa, Environment Canada issued a freezing rain warning.
The temperature recorded at the Ottawa Airport at 3:00 p.m. Thursday was 11.2°C, breaking the 1984 record of 10.8°C.
By 3:30, Environment Canada was warning of freezing rain.
On Friday afternoon, Environment Canada ended the freezing rain warning for Ottawa, but it remains in effect for the following areas:
- Barry's Bay - Killaloe
- Petawawa - Pembroke - Cobden
- Renfrew - Arnprior - Calabogie
- Deep River - Whitney - Eastern Algonquin Park
- Western Algonquin Park - Lake of Two Rivers
- Bancroft - Hastings Highlands - Denbigh
- Lièvre River area
- Low - Wakefield area
- Maniwaki - Gracefield area
- Papineau-Labelle Reserve area
- Papineauville - Chénéville area
- Fort William - Shawville area
- Rapides-des-Joachims area