Worker injured in LRT tunnel Saturday suffered only minor injuries: Paramedics
Ottawa Paramedics are now saying a 40-year-old man, working in the downtown LRT tunnel Saturday afternoon, suffered only minor injuries after being hit in the head with a large hose.
Ottawa Fire said Saturday that a full technical response was dispatched to the Kent and Queen entrance to the tunnel. Paramedics said in a release Sunday they had been called for a "traumatic" injury.
The worker was assessed on scene and helped by Paramedics into an ambulance, and then taken to hospital as a precaution in stable condition.
This comes a week after another worker was injured, prompting work on Parliament Station to be halted for several days.
Paramedics had told CTV Ottawa they were ordered not to comment on LRT-related incidents. City Staff later told CTV that was a midunderstanding.
After numerous attempts to contact the city since incident Saturday, staff now say it "was a misunderstanding." Paramedic release pending.— Annie BergeronOliver (@AnnieClaireBO) March 19, 2017
City says paramedics thought the city media relations would send out a release but that its "voicemail was not properly set up Saturday"— Annie BergeronOliver (@AnnieClaireBO) March 19, 2017
City says when this came to its attention, it notified paramedics who issued a press release. @ctvottawa— Annie BergeronOliver (@AnnieClaireBO) March 19, 2017
The Ministry of Labour has been notified about the incident.
With files from CTV Ottawa's Annie Bergeron-Oliver
LISTEN NOW: Bill introduces you to some of the victims of the bombing in Manchester.
LISTEN NOW: Health Headlines: Provincial stats show fentanyl now Ottawa’s deadliest drug
LISTEN NOW: Gord Wilson previews tonight's deciding Game 7 from Pittsburgh.