18 year olds suffer overdose after smoking what they believed was cannabis
Police used naloxone on two teenagers who lost consciousness after smoking what they thought was cannabis.
Halton Regional Police officials say they were called to a home in Milton yesterday afternoon around 2 p.m where they found a pair of 18 year old men outside showing obvious signs of a suspected overdose.
One man regained consciousness after the first dose, while the second man needed an additional dose to come around. Both were taken to hospital.
Officers were told more than a dozen high school students had gathered at the home before the two men went outside to smoke the substance they had bought from a third party. The pair lost consciousness and began to experience seizures.
A neighbour witnessed the whole thing and called 911.
WATCH: One of the three #HaltonRegion police officers who helped save the lives of two 18-year olds on Wednesday calls the teens ‘unbelievably lucky’ to have survived their apparent overdose ordeal.— NEWSTALK1010 (@NEWSTALK1010) May 16, 2019
Reporter James Moore catches up with S/Sgt. Chris Lawson: pic.twitter.com/E3w66LkORD
Shelby talks to paper co-author and York University professor Jennifer Mills
Shelby talks to Help Kids Shine Ambassador @ Niagara Children’s Centre Fran