Algae bloom may be responsible for dog's death
Animal welfare experts are warning dog owners about the dangers of algae blooms in lakes and rivers.
The warning comes after a dog in New Brunswick died following a swim in a river notorious for its toxic algae.
Samples have been sent to a lab to confirm the cause of the dog's death.
It was just last week environmental groups called on the Ford government to help save Lake Erie as another large algae bloom develops this summer in the western end of the waterway.
Shelby talks to Dr. Sandy Skotnicki Assistant professor at the University of Toronto’s Department of Medicine and author of the book “Beyond Soap”
Shelby and the panel talk about the stories of the day.