Cigarette butt sparks blaze at Vineland restaurant

A cigarette sparked a fire at a restaurant in Vineland this week.

Lincoln Fire Chief Greg Hudson tells CKTB they have determined that an improperly discarded cigarette butt ignited the fire at The Local Restaurant, formerly the Stonehouse Grill on Wednesday afternoon.

The blaze starting on the outside of the building at Victoria and King Street.

Hudson says tenants of the apartment units on the upper level of the building have been displaced since the fire due to smoke damage.

Damage is estimated at $300,000.

No one was hurt.

The opening of The Local will have to be delayed.

 

  • Niagara Votes

    Check out the Niagara Votes section of our website for candidate information and the latest news related to the upcoming 2018 Municipal Election.