Fire that gutted Windshield King accidental

The Ontario Fire Marshall's Office has ruled a blaze that gutted a Welland business was accidental.

Investigators say the  August 10th fire at the Windshield King was started by an appliance that had overheated.

The fire took seven hours for crews from Welland and Pelham to get under control.

Surrounding residents were asked to evacuate their homes because of the heavy smoke.

  • Niagara Votes

    Check out the Niagara Votes section of our website for candidate information and the latest news related to the upcoming 2018 Municipal Election.