Kansas health officials confirm the first death in the state related to vaping
Kansas health officials say they have confirmed the first death in the state related to an outbreak of a lung disease linked to vaping.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment said in a news release Tuesday the recent death involved a Kansas resident over the age of 50 who had a history of underlying health issues.
The unidentified patient was hospitalized with symptoms that progressed rapidly.
Health officials said they do not have detailed information on what specific e-cigarette products were used by the deceased Kansas patient.
The state has had six reports associated to the national lung disease outbreak, including three which they believe to be confirmed or probable cases. The remaining three are still under investigation.
KDHE Secretary Lee Norman says it is time to stop vaping.
Matt talks with Greg about a new six story building that is being planned for the corner or Church and Niagara Street in St. Catharines and the impact it will have on the surrounding area.
Matt talks to Ken about the Niagara Regional Police's new mobile command unit that will cost taxpayers close to half a million dollars.
Matt talks to Brett about a project in Niagara Falls to raise awareness for childhood cancer across the City.