What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
The Niagara IceDogs accumulated 40 shots in a Friday road matchup in Mississauga but still fell 4-0. That sets up Saturday's home date with North Bay as the game of the year, with both teams in a statistical tie for fourth in the OHL's Eastern Conference.
Stephen Dhillon made 43 saves, including a season high 23 in the first, in an IceDogs 4-1 win over visiting Saginaw Thursday night. Kirill Maksimov scored a pair and added an assist against his former team, while Liam Ham, Ben Jones and Sam Miletic all had multi-point games.
On January 28th, the IceDogs were a shot away from a record setting third 3 in 3 weekend sweep but it was not to be, losing in a North Bay shootout. Since then, the team has gone winless in ten including a Monday afternoon overtime loss in Peterborough 4-3.