What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
The CHL Import draft is underway and with the 13th overall pick the IceDogs have selected Swedish D-Man Timothy Liljegren. Liljegren stands 6'1" tall, weighing in at 191lbs and was Toronto's first round selection, 17th overall at last weekend's NHL entry draft.
The IceDogs pre-season schedule has been announced with four exhibition games beginning September 1st, featuring home games in both Thorold and Beamsville. Barrie and Kitchener will provide the opposition in preparation for the 2017-2018 regular season.
A second member of the IceDogs sees his NHL dream become a reality as Ben Jones is drafted by the Vegas Golden Knights. Jones was chosen in the 7th round, 189th overall by the expansion Golden Knights in the NHL entry draft.