What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
IceDogs first year forward Philip Tomasino has been selected to represent Canada at the World Under 17 Challenge in Dawson Creek and Fort St. John B.C. A total of 66 CHL players will be divided into three teams wearing Canada's colours from November 5-11.
Trailing 4-1 after one, the IceDogs scored three unanswered in the second then held off a furious Erie attack in the third before falling 5-4 in overtime. The Dogs picked up a possible 7 of 8 points, completing a string of four consecutive road games.
Johnny Corneil scored a pair of goals and Ondrej Machala netted the game winner with 3:15 left as the IceDogs won 3-1 in Guelph. With a record of 6 and 2, Billy Burke's team has won three straight on the road.