What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
For the 10th straight season in St Catharines, the Niagara IceDogs are set to being the OHL Playoffs. In this decade of on-ice success, the IceDogs have been involved in three Eastern Conference championships, winning two, numerous semi-final berths and one very notable first round upset.
The Niagara IceDogs will take part in the OHL playoffs for a 10th consecutive season in St Catharines, despite losing 6-1 in Mississauga. A North Bay loss on home ice to Kingston clinched the 8th seed for the Dogs, just as the game at the Hershey Centre was ending.
The IceDogs playoff hopes will go down to the final game of the regular season after a hard fought 4-3 loss to Sudbury. Game 68 will happen Sunday afternoon in Mississauga.