What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
IceDogs training camp is set to begin next week. Public scrimmages begin Tuesday, August 29th, and conclude Thursday, August 31st, at the Meridian Centre. All camp attendees will be placed on four teams, Team Red, Team Black, Team White, and Team Grey.
GM Joey Burke has announced the IceDogs acquisition of D-man Elijah Roberts from the Kitchener Rangers. The IceDogs send three picks, a second and two thirds, in exchange for Roberts.
The IceDogs have hired Ted Dent as an Associate Coach. Dent comes to Niagara from the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL, the top affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, where he served six years as head coach and 5 years as assistant.