What's open/closed this Family Day holiday
The Family Day holiday on Monday Feb. 20 means residents can expect the usual closures and reduced service levels around the Region.
Several services will continue to operate normally, including Fire and Emergency Services.
- All Niagara Municipal offices
- Public libraries
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will remain closed.
- Most grocery stores, retail businesses are closed.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview malls are both closed.
- Canada Post offices located in some retail outlets that will be closed for the day
- Federal offices
- Some major grocery stores in Niagara Falls
- The Outlet Collection in N-O-T-L and Canada One Factory Outlet on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls both open 10-6.
- Canada Post offices (mail will be delivered)
- No change to regional garbage collection
• Tourist attractions
• Movie theatres
Ondrej Machala scored a goal an added two assists as the IceDogs, on short rest, beat a rested Sudbury Wolves Squad 5-4. With the win, the Dogs end the weekend up north where they began, in 7th place of the OHL's Eastern Conference.
A veteran Soo Greyhounds squad proved why they are the #5 team in the CHL, beating the young IceDogs 8-1. Dan Singer's 11th came 10 seconds after the opening goal of the game and along with the goaltending of Colton Incze were the two highlights for the visitors.
The IceDogs lost a game and a chance to move closer to 6th spot in the OHL Eastern Conference with a 4-1 loss in North Bay. Oliver Castleman's 15th of the season gave Dave Bell's team a first period lead before a disputed goal would tie the contest.