Six animals die in Wainfleet barn fire which was most likely caused by a heat lamp
Six animals have died after a barn fire in Wainfleet which was most likely sparked by a heat lamp.
The blaze broke out on Hewitt Road and Lambert Road around 6:30 this morning.
Several animals were in the barn at the time of the fire.
Six animals were rescued, but another 6 animals succumb to the fire.
The investigation into the cause has determined that an electrical appliance, possibly a heat lamp ignited shavings and straw near the floor of the barn.
The fire was contained to the small barn, which was a total loss.
The Fire Department estimates the property damage & loss to be approximately $85,000.00
One person suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.
Larry talks to W5 Investigator Merella Fernandez