St. Catharines Council approves its capital spending plan
St. Catharines City Council is investing more than $25 million dollars in infrastructure projects.
Council approving its 2018 spending plan at Monday's meeting.
32 per cent of the funding is earmarked for road projects, 29 per cent for water improvements, 17 per cent for building improvements, the rest will see upgrades to various other projects around the city.
The city also allocated $320,000 to invest in local infrastructure to support the 2021 Canada Summer Games.
This is the first of four years of capital budget support for the games.
The capital budget is funded by four sources, with 23 per cent of funding, or $5.7 million, coming from grants, with the remaining 77 per cent funded by debenture, City
reserves and revenue from the City’s operating budget.
Larry talks to Air Passenger Rights Advocate Gabor Lukacs
Larry talks to TV Columnist Bill Brioux
Larry talks to Emily Wexler Director of Contents Marketing at Ceridian, led the report internally