St. Catharines landlords fined for failure to install carbon monoxide alarms
Two more St. Catharines landlords are facing hefty fines after failing to install working carbon monoxide alarms.
David Anthony Slapinski pleaded guilty on Friday; the court heard alarms had not been put outside two basement bedrooms at his 108 Lowell Ave property.
He has been fined $5,000.
Meanwhile Ronald Urquhart was also fined $5,000 after he failed to install working carbon monoxide alarms outside sleeping areas at his 67 Louth Street home.
Carbon Monoxide is a deadly invisible, odourless, and tasteless gas. The Ontario Fire Code requires alarms outside sleeping areas at properties with a fuel-burning appliance or attached garage.
Tim speaks with the candidate from the The People party ahead of the upcoming provincial election.
Tim speaks with the candidate from the Multicultural Party of Ontario ahead of the upcoming provincial election.