St. Catharines senior arrested in alleged sexual assault of children in the 70's and 80's
A St.Catharines senior has been arrested after allegations of sexaual assault against children back in the mid 70's and 80's.
Back in October of 2018, members of the Niagara Regional Police Service Sexual Assault Unit started investigating a sexual assault case that took place between 1975 and 1988 in St. Catharines.
The allegations involve the sexual assault of a boy and girl who were both under the age of 14 at the time.
As a result of the investigation, officers made an arrest yesterday.
74 year old David Kozac of St. Catharines is facing a long list of charges:
including Acts of Gross Indecency - Section 157 CC
- Indecent Assault on Female - Section 149(1) CC
- Buggery - Section 155 CC
- Indecent Assault on Male - Section 156 CC
- Sexual Assault - Section 246.1(1)(a) CC
- Sexual Interference - Section 151(a)
- Invitation to Sexual Touching - Section 152(a)
- Sexual Exploitation - Section 153(1)(a)
- Sexual Exploitation - Section 153(1)(b)
- Indecent Exposure - Section 173(2)(a)
- Sexual Assault - Section 271(a)
Kozac is currently being held in custody pending a bail hearing on January 12th at the John Sopinka Courthouse in the City of Hamilton via video link.
Investigators believe that there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Sexual Assault Unit at (905) 688-4111, Option 4 Ext. 5100