UPDATE | Electrical malfunction blamed for Wainfleet fire
Investigators say yesterday's fire in Wainfleet was caused by a malfunctioning freezer.
Wainfleet Fire called in help from Port Colborne, Pelham, and Haldimand County while responding to a house fire on Highway 3 yesterday morning.
No one was home at the time - a concerned neighbour placed the call just after 8 a.m.
The Welland Tribune says the electrical malfunction likely caused around $200,000 in damage.
No injuries are being reported.
Highway 3 was closed between Dixie Rd. and Concession 1 for about four hours as crews worked.
Matt talks to Niagara Falls City Planning Director Alex Herlovitch