The World's 20 Most Valuable Sports Teams of 2017
"Forbes" has a new list of 'The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams of 2017.' The numbers are based on calculations done over the past year for the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, Formula One, Soccer, and NASCAR.
The Top 50 is LOADED with NFL teams . . . in fact, 29 of the 32 football teams cracked the list. The only three NOT to make it are: the Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Bengals, and Buffalo Bills.
Yes, incredibly the Cleveland Browns DID make the cut. They're 45th, and are somehow worth $1.85 BILLION.
Here's the Top 20 . . .
1. Dallas Cowboys, $4.2 billion, NFL
2. New York Yankees, $3.7 billion, MLB
3. Manchester United, $3.69 billion, Soccer
4. Barcelona, $3.64 billion, Soccer
5. Real Madrid, $3.58 billion, Soccer
6. New England Patriots, $3.4 billion, NFL
7. New York Knicks, $3.3 billion, NBA
8. New York Giants, $3.1 billion, NFL
9. A tie between the NFL's San Francisco 49ers and the NBA's L.A. Lakers . . . both worth $3 billion
11. Washington Redskins, $2.95 billion, NFL
12. L.A. Rams, $2.9 billion, NFL
13. A tie between the NFL's New York Jets and baseball's L.A. Dodgers . . . both worth $2.75 billion
15. Bayern Munich, $2.71 billion, Soccer
16. A tie between the NFL's Chicago Bears and baseball's Boston Red Box . . . both worth $2.7 billion
18. Chicago Cubs, $2.68 billion, MLB
19. San Francisco Giants, $2.65 billion, MLB
20. A tie between the NFL's Houston Texans and the NBA's Golden State Warriors . . . both worth $2.6 billion
(Hit up Forbes.com for the complete list. Note: No NHL, Formula One, or NASCAR teams made the Top 50, so that's why you won't see them.)