Man charged after going 172 k per hour on a motorcycle.
A local man faces a litany of charges after being stopped on his motorcycle by Kawartha Lakes OPP .
Police say the bike was going 172 k in an 80 k on Friday on Kawartha Lakes Road 8.
The officer was able to locate the motorcycle and the driver, 24-year-old Ryan Pagniello of Fenelon Township.
The accused faces charges including:
- Flight from peace officer, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Dangerous operation, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Race a motor vehicle, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Use plate not authorized for authorized for vehicle, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to apply for permit on becoming owner, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to stop for police, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance, contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The motorcycle was towed from the scene and will be impounded for seven days. The driver's licence of the accused was suspended for seven days.