Charges laid after Ayton stabbing
On Sunday August 4th 2019, the West Grey Police Service received information that there had been a stabbing at a Louisa Street residence in Ayton.
A heated argument had arose between a male and a female who were sitting in the front seat of a parked vehicle.
A male third party entered the rear of the vehicle and began stabbing the front seat male passenger with a butterfly knife.
A fight ensued and the female attempted to separate the two men. In consequence, she was also stabbed in the palm of her hand.
Both the male and female were given medical attention at a local hospital and are in stable condition.
Subsequent to police investigation, 39 year old Michael GAGNON of Hanover was arrested and charged with one count of aggravated assault, one count of assault with a weapon as well as numerous weapons offences.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and is set to appear on Tuesday August 6th, 2019 at the Walkerton Courthouse.
1. Aggravated Assault s.268 CC
2. Assault with a weapon s.267(a) CC
3. Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose s.88 CC
4. Possession of a weapon knowledge of unauthorized possession s.92(2) CC
5. Possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order s.117.01(1) CC
6. Possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order s.117.01(1) CC
7. Fail to comply with probation order s.733.1(1) CC