OPP release charges and name of stand off suspect
On August 19, just before midnight, Grey Bruce OPP were called to a high risk situation, involving a weapon, at an address at Bruce Road 8, South Bruce Peninsula.
OPP secured the area surrounding the residence. As a result Bruce Road 8, between Bruce Road 14 and Municipal Road, was closed to any traffic.
At around 7am an individual at the residence was taken into custody by members of OPP Emergency Response Team.
OPP have charged 37 year old, James WALKER of South Bruce Peninsula with the following offences,
- Possession of a Firearm - knowing that its possession is unauthorized, section 92(1) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Possession of Ammunition - knowing that its possession is unauthorized, section 92(2) CC
- 2 counts of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon, section 92(2) CC
- 4 counts of Possession contrary to Prohibition Order, section 117.01(1) CC
- 4 counts of Breach of Probation, section 733.1(1) CC