Port Elgin man facing more firearms charges
On June 30th members of the Saugeen Shores Police Service arrested a 29 year old Port Elgin man for several firearms related offences.
Further investigation into this matter has resulted in three more firearm related charges.
Officers discovered that one of the seized firearms is a 7.62mm FN FAL rifle. This rifle is a prohibited firearm and was designed solely for military use.
In addition to the previous charges of:
1. Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition CC86(1)
2. Breach of Firearms Regulation - Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon CC86(2)
3. Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm CC91(1)
4. Possession of Firearm knowing the Serial Number has been Tampered with CC108(1)(b)
Police of added three additional NEW charges:
1. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with readily accessible ammunition CC 95(a)
2. Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm CC91(1)
3. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm for a purpose dangerous to the public peace CC 88
The 29 year old Port Elgin man is still in custody pending a bail hearing in this matter.
If anyone has any information concerning this matter, please call the Saugeen Shores Police at 519-832-9200 or anonymously to CrimeStoppers at 800-222-8477 (TIPS)