South Bruce Peninsula impaired driver charged
On July 31, 2019 at 8:43 p.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting a RIDE vehicle stops on Bryant Street in South Bruce Peninsula.
Officers observed an SUV commit a traffic offence while approaching the RIDE program, driver failed to yield to another motor vehicle when entering the roadway from an intersecting street.
A breath demand was made to the driver, who failed the approved roadside screening device.
Grey Bruce OPP officers arrested the male for impaired driving.
A search of the vehicle revealed a concealed collapsible baton and 135 grams of cannabis.
Both were seized by police.
The driver was transported to Grey Bruce OPP detachment in Wiarton.
A38 year old South Bruce Peninsula man has been charged with the following offences:
- Operation of motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol, section 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Operation of motor vehicle while impaired - blood alcohol concentration over 80, section 320.14(1)(b) CC
- Carrying concealed weapon, section 90 CC
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place, section 8(1)(a) Cannabis Act
- Fail to yield to traffic, section 144(8) Highway Traffic Act
Grey Bruce OPP are requesting anyone with information on this investigation to call police, 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.