I Made A Seafood Boil...
On the weekend I made a Seafood Boil. I posted a picture on my instagram @barr.jason . Many of you were very excited about it. Here is a recipe I found on the internet very similar to the one I made.
- 1⁄2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 large vidalia onions, cut in wedges
- 2 lbs smoked sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths
- 8 ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed (I use Birdseye Little Ears)
- 4 lbs large shrimp, in shells
- In an 8-quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain cookin liquid; pour contents of pot into several large bowl or shallow pails.
- Sprinkle with additional Old Bay.
Here is the full link if you want all the fancy pictures and stuff: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/old-bay-shrimp-boil-25745