WHAT IS ROCKSEARCH?
97.7 HTZ-FM's Rocksearch competition, in concert with Millstreet Brewery - Poured with Purpose - is a legendary hunt for the best new Rock band across Southern Ontario. In the past, we've helped launch some pretty awesome Canadian Rock acts who've gone on to be some of the biggest around, including Finger Eleven, The Trews, The Standstills and The Glorious Sons!
RUNNER UP PRIZING
SECOND PLACE: $250, THIRD PLACE: $150, FOURTH PLACE: $100
HOW IT WORKS
1. Read the Official Contest Rules & Regulations.
3. Visit our Rocksearch Entry Page (this one) and complete the entry form (below) before April 4th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET including your band biography, link to your Soundcloud, contact information, band image, social media and more.
THE TOP 16 ANNOUNCEMENT
4. Our panel of judges will review all submissions between April 5th, 2019 and April 15th, 2019 to narrow them down to the TOP 16.
5. April 15th, 2019 - Biggs & Barr will announce the TOP 16 LIVE on 97.7 HTZ-FM(around 8am)
6. April 15th, 2019 - April 28th, 2019 Starting at 9am on April 15th, we will make the TOP 16 entries, including the 3 songs you uploaded to Soundcloud available on our website. Listeners and fans are encouraged to visit htzfm.com to listen to the entries and then vote for their favourite band by (*1)texting their corresponding keyword to 977977. 8 of these entries will move on to the TOP 8 LIVE semi-final competition.
7. April 29th, 2019 - Biggs & Barr will announce the TOP 8 LIVE on 97.7 HTZ-FM (around 8am)
8. May 9th, 2019 & May 16th, 2019 - The Top 8 will compete in one of our 2 semi final showcases at Warehouse Concert Hall in St. Catharines.
9. May 17th, 2019 - Top 4 finalists will be announced with Biggs & Barr.
10. May 24th, 2019 - These 4 finalists will compete LIVE in our final showcase at Warehouse Concert Hall in St. Catharines.
Bands must be available to compete LIVE at the semi-finals (and finals if they make it through) in order to remain eligible.
2019 ROCKSEARCH ENTRY FORM
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019 and closes on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are nineteen (19) years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approx. retail value of Grand Prize: $8,000 CAD. Approx. retail value of Second Place Prize: $250.00AD. Approx. retail value of Third Place Prize: $150.00 CAD. Approx. retail value of Fourth Place Prize: $100.00 CAD. The odds of winning a particular Prize depend on the caliber of the performances of Solo Artists or Bands who have qualified as Finalists. Complete contest rules and entry available at www.htzfm.com.