Changes coming to Niagara Region Transit
Some changes are coming to Niagara Region Transit starting next month.
Service is expanding on many routes starting Tuesday, September 3rd and service is being added for the Town of Pelham.
There are also two new routes - the first connects the St. Catharines Terminal to Niagara College's Glendale Campus (replacing route #26), and the second connects Niagara College's Welland Campus, Pelham's Meridian Community Centre, and Brock University (replacing the Brock Link).
A Universal Support Person Pass will also be available, allowing support people travelling with a person requiring specialized assistance to ride the bus for free.
Niagara Region Transit is also encouraging riders to download the Transit App starting in September to get real time arrival and departure times.
Other changes taking effect September 3rd include:
- 25 (Port Colborne to Welland) – Eliminated midday breaks in service and extended the service hours to 10 p.m.
- 40A/45A (Express Niagara Falls to Niagara College Glendale Campus) – Extended the service hours to eliminate the service break in the middle of the day
- 50/55 (Niagara Falls to St. Catharines) – Standardized and extended the operating hours Monday to Saturday
- 60/65 (Niagara Falls to Welland) – 30 min service all day (Monday to Friday) and added two additional hours of service on Saturdays
- 60A/65A (Express Niagara Falls to Welland) – Morning and afternoon Express service every 15 minutes during peak periods
- 70/75 (St. Catharines to Welland) – Increased the frequency of service to 30 minute intervals all day (Monday to Friday only) and increased service hours by two hours (Monday to Saturday)