John Street Apartment Fire

There's no confirmation on what sparked an apartment fire on John Street early Thursday morning.

Kingston Fire and Rescue crews managed to contain the fire to a single unit in the building, with damages estimated at around $80,000. Firefighters from three
stations responded with three pumpers, a ladder truck and a command vehicle.

No one was hurt, and firefighters managed to rescue a dog who was stuck inside.

Though no cause was given, Kingston Fire is reminding everyone that candles should never be left unattended and to have working smoke detectors in place.