How Rihanna Made Anne Hathaway Feel Better About Her Post-Baby Bod
Anne Hathaway stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show Thursday to promote Ocean’s 8 and discuss her return to acting after welcoming son Jonathan Rosebank Shulman in 2016.
While the Oscar-winner says she has made peace with Hollywood’s expectations for women and their bodies, she explains she still felt self-conscious about her post-baby bod.
- “I don’t beat myself up about any of that stuff anymore, but after I had my son, the weight was really slow to come off and so I was a different size than I normally am,” Hathaway explained.
- Until co-stars Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Rihanna, Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Helena Bonham Carter stepped in.
- “I walked on the set, and my weight’s a little up and I’m just aware of it…and I’m in my jeans, and I’ve done my best and I’m gonna love myself no matter what,” she explained. “And Sandy Bullock looks up and goes, ‘You look good mama.’ And then Cate Blanchett’s like, ‘Nice jeans, Hathaway.’ And then Rihanna looks up and goes, ‘Damn girl, you got an a**.’”
- She continued, “And I of course was freaked out and loved it so much and I go, ‘Really?’ And she goes, ‘You got an a** like me.’ And I can honestly say I’ve never had that experience on a film set before.”
- “They were just so beautiful and to be surrounded by that much love and understanding, it was just great,” Hathaway said.
- Ocean’s 8 hits theaters Friday.