Roseanne Barr Says She Is 'Making Restitutions,' Then Attacks Jarrett Again
After promising to leave Twitter after a racist tweet comparing Barack Obama’s former aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape got her titular show canceled, Roseanne Barr is popping up again.
Tuesday afternoon, the 65-year-old posted a mysterious tweet pledging to make amends: “I’m making restitution for the pain I have caused,” she wrote.
- But then she retweeted several racist posts, including one that read “@therealrosanne You didn’t cause any pain. Those people always hated you. Valerie Jarrett wants Israelis and Jews chased into the sea, and she’ll celebrate.” Barr is Jewish.
- She also interacted with media users posting offensive things.
- “Do you not know what VJ has done?” wrote one user, referencing Jarrett. “Her tweet is nothing in comparison. And her tweet wasn’t bullying.”
- In response, Barr tweeted: “They know not.”
- Meanwhile, Barr’s ex Tom Arnold continues to speak out, telling Us Weekly that Barr’s co-star John Goodman will “have to go into trauma therapy for post-traumatic stress. Every time I looked in his eyes when I was sitting next to her, he was like a hostage.”
- ABC is reportedly still exploring rebooting some version of Roseanne, minus Roseanne.