Todd Fisher Says Carrie Regretted Revealing Harrison Ford Affair
Todd Fisher is opening up about his famous late mother Debbie Reynolds and sister Carrie Fisher in his new memoir, My Girls: A Lifetime With Carrie and Debbie.
He included a number of new revelations in the book, including details from Carrie’s early days on Star Wars.
- Todd says Carrie nursed "regret" over famously revealing her affair with a much-older, married (at the time) co-star Harrison Ford in her book, The Princess Diarist.
- "Neither of them had any illusions that they had a future together. They were simply acting on a strong mutual attraction while making a movie together, as if that's not one of the oldest stories in Hollywood," Todd writes.
- He adds that Debbie warned her not to include the story in her book, but she still chose to.
- Todd shares, "What Harrison and everyone else may not know is that Carrie went to mom right after the book became such a big deal and said, 'You were right, I shouldn't have told that story.' For what it's worth, Harrison, she really did regret telling the story of that affair."
- Todd also opened up about the heart-wrenching death of his sister and mother just a day part. Carrie, 60, died after suffering a heart attack on an airplane on December 27th, 2016. A day later, Debbie died at the age of 84.
- He says, that unlike much speculation at the time, Debbie died because she wanted to, not because she was heartbroken.
- He writes: "Take it from the son who was there, who knew her better than anyone else on earth. Debbie Reynolds willed herself right off this planet to personally see to it that Carrie would never be alone. That had been her driving force all of Carrie’s life, including having me so that Carrie wouldn’t be an only child, and it continued to be her driving force when Carrie left."