'American Idol' Picks Its Top 20
American Idol has its Top 20. Judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie narrowed the search on last night’s episode of ABC’s reality singing competition.
After picking the top 40 during Hollywood Week, the show went to Hawaii for the showcase round performances from Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa, where the list was cut in half. They now head back to Los Angeles and will perform in front of a live audience from the famed The Wiltern starting tonight.
Some standouts in the Top 20 include Alejandro Aranda, who blew the judges away with his guitar-playing skills, along with 90 Day Fiancé star Evelyn Cormier. The quirky Eddie Island also made it to the Top 20, along with Laci Kaye Booth, who made an impression in the very first episode of the season.
Unfortunately, some early standouts didn’t quite make it through, including pastor son Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, Nick Townsend (whose two brothers died from suicide), blind contestant Shayy, and Vietnamese immigrant Myra Tran.
Home audiences will get to start voting with the show’s April 15th broadcast.
The full Top 20:
- Madison Vandenburg – Cohoes, New York
- Shawn Robinson – Atlanta, Georgia
- Eddie Island – Nashville, Tennessee
- Evelyn Cormier – Claremont, New Hampshire
- Alyssa Raghu – Orlando, Florida
- Ryan Hammond – Modesto, California
- Raquel Trinidad – Tampa, Florida
- Logan Johnson – Boise, Idaho
- Dimitrius Graham – Baltimore, Maryland
- Riley Thompson – Mabank, Texas
- Walker Burroughs – Birmingham, Alabama
- Bumbly – New York, New York
- Ashley Hess – Fremont, California
- Alejandro Aranda – Pomona, California
- Laine Hardy – Livingston, Louisiana
- Kate Barnette – Kennesaw, Georgia
- Uché – Sugar Land, Texas
- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Catonsville, Maryland
- Laci Kaye Booth – Livingston, Texas
- Wade Cota – Phoenix, Arizona