Busta Rhymes Flips Out On A Passenger On Flight To London


Busta Rhymes had to check a passenger on a flight to London. According to Rap-Up, before taking off in New York earlier this week, the rapper reportedly got into a confrontation with another passenger for putting their belongings in his first-class luggage space.

The Daily Mail has reported that Busta boarded a British Airways flight at JFK Airport just before the doors closed carrying five bags. He discovered that his overhead bin was already occupied before demanding, "Who's got all their stuff in my locker?" Witnesses said he became "agitated, aggressive, and rude" as he insulted the British woman, who began crying after he shouted at her. One witness said, "He was ranting and raving, getting really angry and demanding to know why she had used his locker. He told her to move her stuff immediately."

The woman's husband intervened and told him to stop being rude to his wife, who offered to move her luggage from the bin. Busta replied to the husband, "Let's go homeboy."

The argument escalated and other passengers got involved. Meanwhile, another passenger called a British Airways employee to intervene. The passengers on the plane were given the option to exit the plane and catch a later flight.

When the plane arrived at London's Heathrow Airport on Tuesday morning (July 30th), Busta was met by police officers at the request of a passenger, but was not arrested.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said, "Officers at Heathrow were requested by the airline of an inbound plane to Heathrow Airport from the US to attend following an alleged verbal altercation involving several passengers. They boarded the plane once it had landed … and spoke to the parties involved. There were no reported injuries, and no offenses disclosed."

British Airways also confirmed to Page Six that the incident occurred and said, "Our cabin crew and Captain reassured all the customers involved. All those in the cabin were given the option of moving away, and the flight did not depart until everyone confirmed that they were happy to continue."