Meghan Markle Prepping for Sleepover With Queen Following Honeymoon in Ireland?
Since getting married on May 19th, rumors of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's honeymoons in Namibia and Alberta, Canada have swirled. Now, Meghan and Harry are said to be honeymooning at a super luxe retreat in Ireland. And when they return, the Duchess will head off on another journey…with Harry’s Grandmother.
- The site of their rumored perch is the five-star, lavish 13thCentury Ashford Castle in County Galway. The rumors started following tweets from travelers venting about security barriers at the estate.
- The Castle—previously owned by the Guinness (of beer fame) family—has hosted royals before. George V and Queen Mary visited in 1905. Ronald Reagan and Brad Pitt have stayed there too.
- In other royal news, Meghan is reportedly prepping for her first solo outing with Queen Elizabeth, one that will include a trip on the Royal Train.
- On June 14th, the Queen and Duchess are scheduled to travel to Cheshire via the Royal Train overnight. (Cheshire is 165 miles northwest from London).
- The reason everyone’s buzzing about it is the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Harry have never used the Royal Train for a public event before, making it a bit of a coup.