Mike Posner Bit By Rattlesnake, Airlifted To Hospital
Mike Posner says he was bit by a baby rattlesnake and had to be airlifted to a hospital for treatment.
The 31-year-old entertainer was in the middle of an epic walk across the country when the bite happened. He was in Colorado and had already walked 16 miles that day, with 8 more to go.
"Whatup doe!!! Crazy day yesterday! I had just crushed 16 miles and was going for 8 more when I got but by a baby rattlesnake! 🐍 That venom is no joke! I got to the hospital and got the anti-venom in time," Mike posted on Instagram. "Shout outs to G and Mike from the chopper team 🚁 and Bo and Cassie and Whitney (my nurses). I'll be here a few days and will not be able to walk for several weeks but enjoying the AC and the nice bed, haven't had those in a while Hahahaha! Can't wait to get back on The Walk! KEEP GOING!!!!!!"
The 31-year-old singer-songwriter revealed the news on his Instagram page Thursday, alongside a video of paramedics wheeling him out on a gurney as he gives a thumbs up.
Posner began his 2,800-mile Walk Across America hike on April 15th in Asbury Park, New Jersey, with the aim of walking 20 miles a day and reaching Los Angeles around September. On Wednesday, Posner posted on his Instagram page a photo from the Kansas-Colorado state line – about 1,632 miles from his starting point.