Nipsey Hussle Shot And Killed In Los Angeles
Nipsey Hussle was shot and killed in Los Angeles on Sunday (March 31st). He was 33. According to Rap-Up, Nipsey was shot outside of his Marathon Clothing story in South Los Angeles. The rapper was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Two other men were also shot, and at the time of reporting, they were in serious condition.
The suspect, however, remains at large. The LAPD tweeted that they currently have no suspect information, but will provide more details as they become available.
Nipsey is survived by his daughter, his girlfriend, Lauren London, and their son, Kross.
Reactions to Nipsey Hussle’s death:
- Nas: "We are at a great loss today. This hurts. Straight to the point. It’s dangerous to be an MC. Dangerous to be a b-ball player. It’s dangerous to have money. Dangerous To Be A Black Man. So much hatred. We live like our brothers and sisters in third world countries live. Right in America. Decisions we make about our own life be based on decisions cuz we might not live. Its so deep rooted. It’s not a easy fix. Hard to fix anything when kids are still living in poverty. I ain’t shutting up though, Nipsey is a True voice. He will never be silenced. He still is A stand up General for the People who never left his people. He is Loved by the people. Prayers for his family. Let’s keep pushing Truth for The Man. Love You King Nipsey Hussle/ Ermias Asghedom Respectfully, Nasir Jones"
- Pharrell Williams: "You were about something..positive and for your community in every chance you had to speak..and because of that You inspired millions..millions who will uphold your legacy forever. rest amongst the stars."
- LeBron James: "Just spoke with you the other day on text bro! Telling you how proud I was of you and how I was gone get you to more Laker games next season. Been A Stand Up dude from Day 1. May you rest in PARADISE Young King 👑‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️ This One Hurts Big Time!"
- Snoop Dogg: "Gone 2 soon @nipseyhussle I’m so sad right now I’ll just reflect on the good times we had."
- Drake: "F**k. My whole energy is just at a low right now hearing this. We just linked for the first time in years and said we were gonna do a new song this summer cause it had been too long. You were having the best run and I was so happy watching from distance fam nobody ever talks down on your name you were a real one to your people and to the rest of us. I’m only doing this here cause I want the world to know I saw you as a man of respect and a don. Rest easy my g."
- Meek Mill: "Broke me.... we really fighting for our lives against our own kind and really have to take risk and match the level of hatred that we are born in .. I’m tired 🙏🏾 prayers for my brother and his family."
- Rihanna: "This doesn’t make any sense! My spirit is shaken by this! Dear God may His spirit Rest In Peace and May You grant divine comfort to all his loved ones! 💔🙏🏿
- I’m so sorry this happened to you."
- Issa Rae: "Watching Nipsey inspired me to invest and own in our communities. He was a solid man who loved his woman, his family and his community. This hurts."
- Ice Cube: "Sad, mad and disappointed about my guy @NipseyHussle"