Quick Takes: Genesis, Aerosmith, Yes, Keith Moon
- There was a two-thirds Genesis reunion on June 7th at Berlin, Germany's Olympiastadion, when Mike Rutherford joined Phil Collins onstage to perform the band's first Top 40 hit -- 1978's "Follow You, Follow Me." Rutherford and his latest edition of Mike + The Mechanics were severing as Collins opening act for the Berlin gig. Genesis -- Phil Collins, Tony Banks, and Mike Rutherford -- last reunited in 2007 for a 48-date international trek. (Rolling Stone)
- Joe Perry says that Aerosmith's Las Vegas residencies could lead to the band's first studio album since 2012's Music From Another Dimension. Perry told Guitar Player magazine, "I think by playing together in this sort of situation, where we don't have to get to a different city every night and be in a different venue, it's going to open up some doors to us getting into a creative mode again, just by changing the paradigm a little bit. So I actually think there's a good chance something like a new record could come out of this experience." (Blabbermouth)
- As a teaser to Yes' "The Royal Affair" North American tour, which kicks off this week, the band has released a 38-minute documentary, titled Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow online. Ultimate Classic Rock posted, "The video includes live scenes from the current lineup’s recent shows along with contributions from Steve Howe, Alan White, Geoff Downes, Billy Sherwood, and Jon Davison, plus former member Trevor Horn, album artist Roger Dean and others." (Ultimate Classic Rock)
- Yes' "The Royal Affair Tour" featuring Asia, the Moody Blues' John Lodge, and Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy with guest vocals by Arthur Brown, begins on Wednesday (June 12th) in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Keith Moon's mother, Kathleen Winifred "Kit" Moon has died at the age of 98. In addition to Keith's daughter, Mandy, Kit Moon is survived by her daughters -- Keith's younger sisters -- Linda and Lesley. Kit Moon was beloved by Who fans who always -- especially in the years following her son's death in 1978 -- found her making time to discuss and share her memories of him for them.