Remy Ma's Team Disputing Assault Allegations Against Her
Remy Ma’s team is disputing the assault allegations made against her by Love & Hip Hop cast mate, Brittney Taylor. According to the New York Daily News, Ernest Dukes, a spokesperson for Remy said in a statement on Monday (May 6th) that there is no "credible evidence" confirming the claims made by Taylor that the rapper gave her a black eye during a cancer benefit concert at NYC’s Irving Plaza on April 16th.
As previously reported, Remy turned herself in on May 1st to face a misdemeanor assault charge. She was released on $1,500 bail.
Dukes also said that Remy’s lawyers may counter-sue Taylor. He added, "There’s credible evidence to support that this is a baseless case and nothing more than a money-grab attempt. For the past four years and nine months, she has been a model citizen by maintaining employment, completing all mandatory programs, staying drug free, adhering to all rules and has never even had a curfew violation."
Remy is currently on parole until August after serving a five year sentence for a shooting incident.