New Penticton-Kelowna service: which option works for you?
Penticton – Residents of the South Okanagan will have an opportunity to comment on proposed transit service changes, including options for a new service connecting with the Kelowna region. The Route 70 Kelowna/Penticton is to begin service in Fall of 2019 and would provide a new interregional transit service connecting Penticton, Summerland, Peachland, and the Kelowna region. It would begin with two round trips a day. Two additional daily round trips are proposed for future expansion, depending on funding availability.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen and BC Transit are inviting members of the public to provide feedback on a number of options, including:
- Commuter or midday service trip times
- Key transit destinations in Penticton and Kelowna
- Routing through Summerland and Peachland
- Options to better integrate other regional transit services, including the 30 Summerland/Penticton, 40 Osoyoos/Penticton, 50 Princeton/Penticton, and 60 Osoyoos/Kelowna
There will be five engagement sessions over two days:
- Tuesday, December 4 Osoyoos Osoyoos Town Hall (Council Chambers) 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Princeton Okanagan Regional Library 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Peachland Peachland Community Centre (Main Foyer) 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 5 Penticton Okanagan College (Penticton Campus) 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Summerland Municipal Hall (Council Chambers) 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For those who can’t make it to the person-to-person engagement sessions, there will be an opportunity to participate online. The survey will be available until December 14.
The Okanagan-Similkameen Transit Future Plan, which spells out transit infrastructure and service recommendations through 2040, identified a connection between Penticton and Kelowna as a high-priority interregional transit service.
Find out more about the Transit Future Plan here. For more information about the South Okanagan-Similkameen Transit System, please visit bctransit.com/south-okanagan-similkameen.
Media contact Jonathon Dyck Communications Manager BC Transit 250-995-5720 Media@bctransit.com.