Big White Ski Resort fire

A Tiger Torch may be to blame for a structure fire this afternoon at Big White Ski Resort.

Fire crews are dousing a blaze located in the attic of the Monashee Inn.

Big White's Michael J. Ballingall says the fire started at about 1:45 pm.

"There was a building crew working on a balcony with a Tiger Torch, laying down some flooring. That Tiger Torch, it started the fire and it got away very quickly".

The Big White Fire Department are being assisted by Joe Rich and Kelowna Fire Departments.

"The fire department is actually located right across the street on the Big White Road, so they were there very quickly," Ballingall added.