Boucherie Rd Closure
Construction will begin Monday, April 9th on Phase 2 of the Wine Trail/Boucherie Road Upgrade, and completion is expected by November 2018.
Boucherie Road will be closed to traffic between Hudson and Ogden Roads. A detour will be in place using Stuart Road, Thacker Drive and Ogden Road and a pedestrian access will be maintained through the construction zone. Access will be maintained for emergency and local traffic.
Businesses impacted by this closure, including the Lakeview Village Shopping Centre, Mt. Boucherie Estate Winery, Volcanic Hills Estate Winery, Beaumont Family Estate Winery, Little Straw Vineyards and Grizzli Winery, can be accessed from the detour route.
Roundabouts are planned for the Hudson Road/Boucherie Road intersection and the Anders Road/Cordova Way/Boucherie Road intersection, with a closure of the Hudson Road intersection expected in June.
The upgrade will include construction of:
· 15,300 square metres of asphalt roadway
· 1,200 metres of storm main with varying diametres from 250 mm to 450 mm
· 1,640 metres of 450 mm watermain
· 2,400 metres of concrete curb and gutter
· 4,100 square metres of concrete sidewalk
· 5,700 square metres of cycling track
· 80 ornamental street lights
· Landscape trees, shrubs and irrigation
· Retaining walls
The total cost of the project, including construction, land acquisitions, utilities, watermain, geotechnical and contingency is estimated at $8.75 million.